Buying a used car can be time consuming and frustrating. To avoid such issues, let’s go over a few key pointers you need to factor in when buying your next vehicle to save you time, money. We bring you our top 5 pointers for what you need to consider before buying a used car.
1. Budget, when searching for a used car it is a good idea to nail down your budget right away. Deciding on what is the best range to stay in for your next used car purchase can be difficult. Spending less might mean your next vehicle could be a few years old or have higher mileage but your bank account will not take a dive. Spending more might mean your used car is newer with lower mileage however it is important to know what is affordable and won’t break the bank.
2. Financing a used car, once your budget has been planned out the next step is to decide if financing is right for you. It may be in your best interest to finance a used car at a low interest rate for affordable monthly or bi-weekly payments. You might have the cash to buy your next used vehicle outright but want to finance to rebuild your credit. Double L Motors has a great finance team that can help you figuring out what is the lowest possible interest rate and the best possible terms. You can also fill our quick and easy finance application online to get started in a matter of minutes.
3. What is the right fit for you, it is time for you to decide what your ideal vehicle is. If you are unsure as to what type, make or model of vehicle you should purchase our sales staff at Double L Motors can help. Does your next used car need to pull a trailer or take you to a remote location and reliability is the number one concern? These are the types of questions you might need to ask yourself because you will thank yourself later. It might be overwhelming because of the many different options and opinions so let our staff help. If we don’t have the right car for you then you can always leave your information with one of our salesman and they will give you a ring when a used car comes in that fits your criteria.
4. Maintenance and fuel efficiency, all too often you will hear car buyers say that they love their vehicle but it is a killer on gas or cost an arm and leg when it needs a repair. These are at the top of the list when it comes to what we like to call post vehicle expense cost. A vehicle might be a good deal and fairly reliable however you find yourself at the pumps filling up way more than expected. We have a solution our vehicle details pages have information on how fuel efficient or inefficient each vehicle is. Repair and maintenance costs can come at the worst times and a good way of avoiding this is to ask about any upcoming major service your vehicle might need. Often manufactures recommend major services at certain mileages; this information can save you a lot of money.
5. Don’t forget about car insurance, it’s easy to overlook the added expense of car insurance when the excitement of buying a car has your full attention. Car insurance can be costly however it can also save you from a financial disaster. Double L Motors can help point you in the right direction when looking for car insurance by having one of our trusted partners set up a car insurance policy that is right for you.
Purchasing a used car is very exciting; however, it will be anticlimactic if you don’t do a bit of homework. These 5 points can really pay dividends for you and your family when it comes to buying a used car. For over 30 years Double L Motors has strived to provide car buyers with quality used vehicles and service. We won’t disappoint, browse or large robust selection of quality pre-owned vehicles.